All images are copyright © 2008-2013 Russ Martin,
(unless otherwise indicated). All rights reserved.


Thursday, June 19, 2008

Whats Inside?

When I started this I had no intention of trying to take pictures inside and out. I knew there would be some really nice pictures to be had by arranging and going inside these churches but there is just only so much time. Not too mention the overwhelming number of pictures it would produce. That changed when I was invited in to the St. Rose church by the secretary.

From the stain glass windows to the ornate altar, and wood carvings, one could not help but marvel at the craftsmanship. That's when it dawned on me that the outside was truly just scratching the surface of these wonderful old churches. And I am sure if I were to dig deeper some wonderful stories as well. I still plan to focus on the outside for this first round but I am convinced a second round of inside pictures will follow shortly. This stained glass window is just one of many in St. Rose.

No comments: