All images are copyright © 2008-2013 Russ Martin,
(unless otherwise indicated). All rights reserved.


Monday, July 30, 2012

The Top Ten Pictures for 2010

1. Wise Men Nativity - Saint Augustine. This was taken in December of 2009 but didn't get posted until January of 2010. It is one of my favorite Nativity Shots.



2. Processional Crucifix and Stained Glass - Saint Bernard Burkettsville. Taking pictures of processional crucifixes with stained glass backgrounds is becoming one of my signature shots. I really like this one because I got the balance of lighting between the stained glass window and the Crucifix just right.



4. Wood Carving the 4 Evangelist - Saint Remy. I am truly amazed at the quality of the wood carvings that I find in these churches. I was pretty happy with the way the texture and wood tones came out on this one.



5. Holy Chalice - St's Paul and Peter Church. This is one of those artistic shots that I am always on the look for and am always excited when I find them.



6. Station of the Cross - St's Paul and Peter Church.  It never ceases to amaze me the variety of Stations of the Cross I find in the churches. The St's Paul and Peter church has one of the more interesting design - modern yet tasteful.



7. Pieta Statue - Saint John the Baptist. This is one of those pictures that I took every time I visited the Saint John the Baptist Church. I don't know how many I took before I finally got the one I wanted.

 

8. Eucharist Vessels - Saint John the Baptist. These Eucharist Vessels are not the ones normally used by the church so I was lucky to find the when I did. I made use of a Choir Robe for a make-shift background.



9. Alpha and Omega - Saint John the Baptist. I just happened upon this choir book and took a quick picture. Sometimes its the simplicity that makes a shot great.




10. Altar - Saint John the Baptist. This is probably one of the best pictures of this altar that I've taken. The two stained glass windows are the Resurrected Christ on the left and the Death of Christ on the right.



Year 2010 was a busy one as it was also the year of my first photo showing of the churches. Look for an upcoming Featured Post with highlights from the show.

2 comments:

42N said...

Excellent series of photos. I do like the processional crucifix photo. The wood carving one is also well composed. Keep 'em coming.

RussDaMan said...

Thanks 42N,

Most of these were in my 2010 Photo Show of the Churches. The Wood Carving is actually a composite of two separate shots. Thanks for stopping by and your comment.