All images are copyright © 2008-2013 Russ Martin,
(unless otherwise indicated). All rights reserved.


Monday, July 2, 2012

The Top Ten Pictures For 2008

1. Saint John the Baptist - I just love this picture with the cemetery in the foreground. I gave the Church a framed copy and the last I check it was hanging at the back of the sanctuary.



2. Cemetery Crucifix - Sacred Heart of Jesus. This is one of my first night shots. I had to spend quite a bit of time in PhotoShop to get rid of the harsh shadows caused by the lights that light the memorial at night.



3. Fifty Foot Cross and Storm - Maria Stein Spiritual Center. This has got to be one of my all time favorite pics. It's one of those being in the right place at the right time moments that I was lucky to capture with my camera.



4. Cemetery Crucifix and Sunset - Shrine of the Holy Relics. This is one of my first Sunset shots with the churches. I really like taking pictures in the early evening and dusk.



5. Celtic Cross Spire - Sacred Heart of Jesus. The Sacred Heart of Jesus Church has the only Celtic Cross tipped Spire of all the churches in the area.  It's uniqueness and the picture friendly clouds make this one of my favorites.




6. Domed Spires - Immaculate Conception. Wow you can't help but notices the beautiful cross tipped domes of the Immaculate Conception Church in Celina. I was pretty happy to capture these with a sky of clouds for a background.




7. Cemetery Memorial Cross Topper - Sacred Heart of Jesus. I took this in that short period of time after sunset called twilight. It is one of my favorite cemetery pics.



8. Statue at Sunset - Shrine of the Holy Relics. I was pretty excited when I saw this composition unfold with the setting sun.




9. Choir Balcony - Saint Michael. While visiting the Saint Michael in Fort Loramie the choir showed up and turned on the lights giving me this great shot of the organ from below.




10. Eucharist Crosses and Candle - Saint Michael. This is one of my favorites compositions that I found at Saint Michael in Fort Loramie.  I saw the hanging crosses and the lit red candles and knew there was a great picture to be had here.



The Land of the Cross Tipped Churches
2008

3 comments:

RussDaMan said...

This is on of my Re-Edit and Re-Post. I will be doing the same for the remaining years.

Anonymous said...

I stumbled upon your blog a few months ago and am truly impressed with all the photos you have placed.
(I especially enjoyed your Top 10 post recently.)
THANK YOU for sharing your art!

RussDaMan said...

Thank You, Your Welcome.