All images are copyright © 2008-2013 Russ Martin,
(unless otherwise indicated). All rights reserved.


Friday, February 6, 2009

A Prayer Before The Relics



Oh, Saints of God, in faith and confidence I turn my prayers to you. I am told that these relics are portions of your earthly remains. These relics call to mind your lives of virtue, your lives dedicated to the love of Christ and of His holy Gospel.



I ask your prayers on this, my pilgrimage. I pray that you may join as one great choir asking our loving Father to assist me in my life, to help me find the path to holiness, to a life filled with virtue and love.



All you holy children of the Father, who are a great strength to the Church, bless me with your prayers. I give praise to our Father for your lives of faith and courage, for your love and devotion. I offer thanksgiving for your example to the world and your prayers for me.




Amen.



Prayer and pictures from the Shrine of the Holy Relics.

Special thanks goes out to Sr. Regina for the tour and opening up the Relic Chapel and letting me have a chance to see the Relic Chapel in all its glory.

1 comment:

RussDaMan said...

Critique:

When you get these types of opportunities you need to make the most of it. I am fairly happy with these but feel I could have done better composition wise. I really should have taken more time looking for ways to work with the candle light and shadows. My focus point is not where I wanted it on the second picture of the alter of the Sorrowful Mother. After looking at all the pictures I definitely saw some missed opportunities. Having said all that, it was a very fun shoot. It’s always better and more fun to shoot with a friend.