All images are copyright © 2008-2013 Russ Martin,
(unless otherwise indicated). All rights reserved.


Sunday, February 15, 2009

St. John's Part 2 Freyburg Ohio



I cheated a little on this one. I used Windows Paint to flip the image. I shot the window from the inside with the sun shining through. The window is meant to be read from the outside so the letters were backwards.

Outside I found the rectory close by.



This stained glass window features the implements used in the Crucifixion of Christ.



There are two status of saints on the side walls. The popular St. Anthony and an unidentified woman on the other.





I guess I should of tried to straighten the Stations of the cross before I took this picture of the crucifix hanging on the one wall.


Here is a pretty nice shot of the right altar.


There is this great mural of Mary receiving her crown after her Ascension.



This is the second series I have posted on this church. The imagery I find in these old German Gothic Catholic Churches never ceases to amaze me.

No comments: