All images are copyright © 2008-2013 Russ Martin,
(unless otherwise indicated). All rights reserved.


Thursday, July 19, 2012

Cross Tipped Church Photo Book

Bill Simpkins a native of Sidney Ohio is also a fan of the Cross Tipped Churches and he has made an amazing photo book you can view and purchase if you like. I asked him if it would be okay to share a link to his book and for some back story on the project. Below is his story.

I have lived in the area since 1980 and fell in love with the spirit of the churches and the struggle of the settlers who built them. When St. Patrick church was razed, my alarm bells rang and St. Joseph told me I had a job to do.

Between work travel and raising a family, it took three years and a lot of gas to take the photos. Several were taken with snow on the ground to make a cleaner shoot. I wanted to also capture interiors, but this became to great of a task due to locked doors and my tight schedule.

The following is a link to the cross tip book on the MixBook web site. Land of the Cross Tipped Churches Photo Book  by Bill Simpkins Sidney, Ohio

The book may be viewed free or purchased from MixBook.
Purchase from me at $20+S&h. The cost is less due to my volume buy from Mixbook.

No comments: