All images are copyright © 2008-2013 Russ Martin,
(unless otherwise indicated). All rights reserved.


Wednesday, September 17, 2008

St. Francis

One of the surprising features of this church are its large stained glass murals. This is just one of several you will find on your visit here.

These pictures were taken early in my exploration of the byway. At this point in time I was still trying to get by without using a tripod. In fact it was these pictures that made me start lugging it around and using it. Case in point this altar picture was taken at ISO 1600 to get the shutter speed fast enough so I could shoot hand-held.

The image quality on my camera at ISO 800 is barely acceptable....1600 just was not going to cut it quality wise. This picture looks fine for the web, but trying blowing it up and you get grain and loss of detail. Live and Learn.

No comments: