All images are copyright © 2008-2013 Russ Martin,
(unless otherwise indicated). All rights reserved.


Tuesday, October 28, 2008

Relic Chapel (Black & White Road Trip)

David (my cousin) and I completed this weekend one of what I hope to be many more road trips together. We visited the Shrine of the Holy Relics and I actually got to go inside the museum. Along with this stop, we visited St. John, St. Rose, and St. Charles Seminary. The pictures featured here were taken with Black and White 35mm film. I used Kodak Professional BW400CN. This is the kind you can take to any local lab (Wal-Mart, Kroger, etc.) to have developed.


I have met some of the nicest people while touring the churches. This weekend was no different. A very nice lady saw that we were a little bewildered on where to go when we entered the building so she offered her assistance and led us to the Shrine and gave us a small mini tour/lecture. These five pictures are from the relics chapel.






I was curious to see how the stained glass would come out in BW. Makes me want to get out my box of crayons and start coloring. David was so inspired on this trip that he has already written a poem about the Cross Tipped Churches. Look for it in next weeks post.

Altar Rail Relief
Relic Chapel
Sacred Heart of Jesus Statue
Pieta Statue
Stained Glass Window

Relic Chapel
Shrine of the Holy Relics
Maria Stein Ohio

1 comment:

RussDaMan said...

I think the BW gives it a bit of a nastalgic feel.