All images are copyright © 2008-2013 Russ Martin,
(unless otherwise indicated). All rights reserved.


Wednesday, July 23, 2008

St. Augustine at Night

I've been wanting to post night shots of the churches but hadn't had a chance to get out at night. The opportunity finally presented itself a couple of weeks back. Not all the churches are lit up at night. Fortunately St. Augustine is one of the churches that is very well lit. This shot of the twin spires is from State Route 119.

As I got closer to the church I found this shot from just on the other side of the school. I found my self praising the very same lights I had cursed for being in the way when I was taking my day shots. It is a shame that not all the Cross Tipped Spires are illuminated at night.
Some people have been asking about the photography details so here they are. All these pictures were taken using a tripod. The camera settings were ISO 200, F/16 and 4-6 second exposure.

Before I came to St. Augustine, I stopped and took some pictures at St. John. I will post them in another post, but besides the Shrine of the Holy Relics it was the only church lit up between McCartyville and The Nativity of the Blessed Virgin Mary just out side of Maria Stein. The Sacred Heart of Jesus is partially lit but not very well. My guess is that St. Henry would be the only other church to be lit up at night on the ByWay.Augustine is well lit from all angles and presented a very nice profile. If you look closely you can see the moon starting to peek out from the far spire.

It was a cool night and a fun shoot, but you gotta sleep sometime. So I ended my evening with one last picture.Good Night and God Bless.

No comments: