All images are copyright © 2008-2013 Russ Martin,
(unless otherwise indicated). All rights reserved.


Sunday, March 11, 2012

O, Christ Crowned in Shame!


O, that Your head was compassed about!
Compassed about with flowers
A wreath of laurels befitting my King

O, that You were anointed!
Anointed with precious ointment
Running down Your head to Your beard

O, that You were crowned!
Crowned with the finest jeweled diadem
A diadem befitting Your justice

Alas, Your head is compassed about!
Compassed about with thorns
A wreath of thorns insults my King

Alas, You are anointed!
Anointed with Your own precious blood
Running down Your head to Your beard

Alas, You are crowned!
Crowned with the most torturous diadem
A diadem befitting my sin

O, that I could remove!
Remove that crown of shame
and wipe Your face clean

Alas, I shall join!
I shall join my suffering to Yours
And with Your grace endure
After the example of my King

_________________________________________________

Poem from fireofthylove.com
Stained Glass Window
Immaculate Conception Church
Celina Ohio

1 comment:

Unknown said...

Let us not forget that He came down from that cross as a victor. Let us not forget that He rose from the grave to live and reign supreme forever more. Let us not forget that He made these willing sacrifices for us and His love unto mankind. Please, remember His victory over the grave. It's time that we as Christians move on from the crucifixion to the time of life in His victory. He's not on that cross!!! God bless you. Peace and love to you and yours.