All images are copyright © 2008-2013 Russ Martin,
(unless otherwise indicated). All rights reserved.


Friday, August 10, 2012

Our Father Bells

Normally when I find Sanctus Bells in a church the are just setting on the floor. So I was quite surprised when I found these on their own special velvet pillow and stool.

According the Adoremus Bulletin - Sanctus Bells Their History and Use in the Catholic Church :Sanctus bells are also referred to as: altar bells, Mass bells, Our Father bells, sacring bells, saints' bells, sance-bells, sancte bells, saunce-bells and squilla bells.

Sanctus Bells
Saint Michael Catholic Church
Fort Loramie Ohio

2 comments:

Unknown said...

those are astounding in their beauty. Just bells, who would have thunk it?

RussDaMan said...

Thanks Kelline,
The picture came out a little darker than I wanted and I think I should have captured more of the stool now that I look at it.

Thanks for stopping by.