All images are copyright © 2008-2013 Russ Martin,
(unless otherwise indicated). All rights reserved.


Sunday, January 25, 2009

Adoration Chapel (Shrine of the Holy Relics - Part II)

Out side the Relic Chapel is the larger Adoration Chapel. This chapel is not much different than what you would find in any Catholic church. Pictured here you can see the main and both side altars.



Shortly before I had arrived the sisters had been praying with someone with cancer with the relic of St. Peregrine Laziosi. The relic had been replaced when I took this picture, but this is the small statue of St. Peregrine. Notice the exposed bandage on his leg that was healed from cancer. Unfortunately I didn't get a very good picture but it's not likely that I would get a chance to re-shoot it.




There are two murals, pictured above the one on the ceiling and below on one of the walls.



The stations of the cross are paintings and some are in need of repair/restoration. If you look closely at this one you can see damage in both left corners.


I don't think this series is one of my better ones, but I did like this Crucifix shot.

No comments: