All images are copyright © 2008-2013 Russ Martin,
(unless otherwise indicated). All rights reserved.


Sunday, May 24, 2009

Sidney First United Methodist Church I

It seems kind of silly to be taking all these pictures of the churches in our area and not have taken any of my own church. The Sidney First United Methodist Church is my home church. I serve and attend Joy church at the Alpha Community Center. This is just one of many post to come. So here are the five I liked from my first outing.

To The Glory of God

Eternity Candle with stained glass window background with the words To The Glory of God.

This is my favorite picture from the session. It was also one of the more tricky ones to take. I wanted just what you see here. The stained glass window vibrant in the background with the Eternity Candle well exposed in the foreground. I'll credit more luck than skill for my success but I still got the picture I wanted. READ MORE ...
Jeremiah 29:11

Small black gift boxes with Jeremiah 29:11 keychain.

For I know the plans I have for you," declares the LORD, "plans to prosper you and not to harm you, plans to give you hope and a future.

Our church will occasionally give out a small gift to reinforce the message that was given. I found these leftovers from today's message piled up on one of the church pews and knew there was a picture in there somewhere. It took several shots and some arranging but I finally got the picture that I wanted.

Three Crosses

Three large crosses.

I found this collection of three crosses atop the church organ. I took the liberty to move them around a bit to take advantage of the back wall and the cool rim lighting from the window.

The Father, Son and Holy Spirit

Two candles and a cross arranged in front of a stained glass window.

A little more creative arrangement on my part. I recreated the altar setting by combining these two candles and cross from several windows into one.

The church has a small chapel that my wife and I were married in. This last picture comes from there.


Grouping of tea lights and cross.

This was by far one of my more successful outings. I am looking forward to taking more pictures of this wonderful old church and relating some of it's rich history.



No comments: