All images are copyright © 2008-2013 Russ Martin,
(unless otherwise indicated). All rights reserved.


Thursday, May 21, 2009

St. Mary Immaculate Conception Church (Ottoville Ohio)

The front and twin spires of Saint Mary Immaculate Conception ChurchWhile Tyler and I were on our road trip to Michigan on St. Route 66. We stopped and stretched out our legs in Ottoville. Of course you couldn't miss the twin steeples reaching up into the sky. So of course I just had to take a look. I found the St. Mary Immaculate Conception Church to be very handsome indeed and a pleasant surprise on our journey north.

The picture here is a panoramic. That's why it is so tall and skinny. Its actually made up of two pictures.

It was just a quick break to stretch our legs so I only got to take a few pictures. I had to be back for my Granddaughters Baton and Dance Recital at 6:00. For more on the who, what and why of the road trip you can check it out in my Think Focus Click Blogs Upcoming Post.


Inside I found this wonderful statue of Mary.

Head and shoulder picture of a statue of Mary.

I also got this sweet shot of the organ pipes in the balcony with the sun coming through the stained glass window behind them.

Balcony organ pipes with sun shinning through.

With little chance of making it back anytime soon I really hate it when I blow a shot. Pictured here is one of the most colorful stained glass window of St. Michael that I have ever seen. It's okay but it's not as sharp as I like.

Very colorful stained glass widdow of the the Arch Angel MIchael in battle againes Satan. Stained glass widnow of Jesus meeting his mother while carrying the cross.

There were plenty of windows but the only other one I took a picture of was Jesus Meeting His Mother while carrying the cross.

The arches were just awesome in this church. I have no idea how high the vaulted ceilings were but they were extremely high.

Close up detail of arch.Stain Glass in entry/exit doors of the church.

I'll close with the shot of the doors as we were leaving. "Immaculate Mary Pray For Us" is written above the doors.

3 comments:

Jeffrey Smith said...

Good work.

RussDaMan said...

Thanks Jeffrey,

Not too bad for quick look. I did not have time to setup and take some pictures with the tripod.

Anonymous said...

That is an awesome church