All images are copyright © 2008-2013 Russ Martin,
(unless otherwise indicated). All rights reserved.


Friday, April 6, 2012

Breaking The Pattern

Now as they went on their way, he entered a certain village, where a woman named Martha welcomed him into her home. She had a sister named Mary, who sat at the Lord's feet and listened to what he was saying. But Martha was distracted by her many tasks; so she came to him and asked, "Lord, do you not care that my sister has left me to do all the work by myself? Tell her then to help me." But the Lord answered her, "Martha, Martha, you are worried and distracted by many things; there is need of only one thing. Mary has chosen the better part, which will not be taken away from her" (Luke 10:38-42).

The story above while a familiar one can still be a hard lesson. Ask yourself this Easter -- What pattern are you holding onto that needs to be broken so you can focus on what really matters?

Stained Glass Window 
St. Wendelin Catholic Church

2 comments:

Unknown said...

This is spooky, these two recent pictures have mirrored things in my own life. I always feel like it's the Lord talking to me confirming that He's been hearing me and/or answering. I meant to say, in my previous comment, that I LOVE the electricity in those colors! And also, I'm curious to know just how many of these windows are there?

RussDaMan said...

Thanks. These last two post have spoke to me as well. As for the number of windows -I am not sure on the exact count - ten I think. I still have not posted them all.