All images are copyright © 2008-2013 Russ Martin,
(unless otherwise indicated). All rights reserved.


Thursday, April 5, 2012

The Weight Of The Cross


My beloved Jesus, it is not the weight of the Cross, but my sins, which have made Thee suffer so much pain. Ah, by the merits of this first fall, deliver me from the misfortune of falling into mortal sin. I love Thee, O my Jesus, with my whole heart; I repent of having offended Thee. Never permit me to separate myself from Thee again. Grant that I may love Thee always; and then do with me what Thou wilt.


It has been quite some time since I posted a complete picture of one of the Stations of the Cross. I found the subdued colors very interesting.

The above text is from The first three Stations of the Cross, with St. Alphonsus  The New Theological Movement

Station of the Cross III
St. John Catholic Church - Fryburg Ohio 

2 comments:

Unknown said...

Excellent indeed!! As soon as the picture emerged, I felt that pain in my heart at what they did to our Lord, but also I have to rejoice for it's the gift unto Salvation. It's His sacrifice and it's His love for us. Beautiful work to have chosen this piece and I love the pastels.

RussDaMan said...

Thanks. This maybe part of a bigger project involving all 14 Stations.