All images are copyright © 2008-2013 Russ Martin,
(unless otherwise indicated). All rights reserved.


Saturday, March 21, 2009

The Day of the Lord

Stained Glass window of Mary and the Deciples receiving the Holy Spirit at PentecostActs 2:1-4(NIV)
When the day of Pentecost came, they were all together in one place. Suddenly a sound like the blowing of a violent wind came from heaven and filled the whole house where they were sitting. They saw what seemed to be tongues of fire that separated and came to rest on each of them. All of them were filled with the Holy Spirit and began to speak in other tongues as the Spirit enabled them.


When people saw this some made fun and said they must of had too much wine. Peter rebuked them by quoting the Prophet Joel

Joel 2:28-32 (NIV)
"And afterward, I will pour out my Spirit on all people. Your sons and daughters will prophesy, your old men will dream dreams, your young men will see visions. Even on my servants, both men and women, I will pour out my Spirit in those days. I will show wonders in the heavens and on the earth, blood and fire and billows of smoke. The sun will be turned to darkness and the moon to blood before the coming of the great and dreadful day of the LORD. And everyone who calls on the name of the LORD will be saved;

This is one of two main stained glass windows in the St. Louis Church in North Star. I was very excited to find it. It is the first one I have seen with the Holy Spirit descending on Mary and the Disciples at Pentecost. You can click on the picture for a larger view.

No comments: