All images are copyright © 2008-2013 Russ Martin,
(unless otherwise indicated). All rights reserved.


Monday, March 2, 2009

Saint Joseph (Wapakoneta)

I finally got a chance to get inside of St. Joseph Catholic Church in Wapakoneta. This is a wonderful church. I just love this picture of the Holy Oils. It's the small things like this that make the trip special.

This church has an amazing large Crown of Thorns suspended above the altar.


The organ pipes behind the altar made for a crazy abstract.



It also made for a pretty cool background for the main altar.



There were plenty of unique features in this church. Even the lights were unusual.



The stained glass windows are just spectacular. This large round window is at the back of the church in the choir loft.



This three panel window of the Nativity is just stunning. Click on the picture for a larger picture.



There was so much there I will have to do another post to cover it all especially the stained glass windows. I'll close with this marvelous window of the Joyful Mystery of The presentation of Jesus at the Temple. Notice Joseph holding the two doves. Click on the picture for a larger picture.



I had just a fantastic time on this photo shoot. I am lucky if I get one artistic picture a session. I got more than a few on this one trip. This has got to be my best photo session of the Cross Tipped Churches this year.

1 comment:

Ashley said...

They recently remodeled the whole inside of the church. Stain glass is still as beautiful, but the crown of thorns was removed, organ moved, and they added some pretty murals to he ceiling and where the organ used to be