All images are copyright © 2008-2013 Russ Martin,
(unless otherwise indicated). All rights reserved.


Thursday, March 19, 2009

Third Sunday of Lent

High Alter with Liturgy book and St. Joseph Altar in BackgroundWith photography it's all about the light. One of my readers left a comment that I should check out the St. Louis Church in North Star because it was well lit during the day. Well I am glad to say they did not steer me wrong. I found several window lit photo opportunities to take advantage of. One was the High Altar pictured here. I took several shots from various angles and finally settled on this one for the blog. It also shows off some of the architecture and the Altar of St. Joseph in the background.

Close up of High Alter with Liturgy Book

This last picture is where the name of the post comes from; It's the liturgy for the Third Sunday of Lent.

Close up of Liturgy Book bookmarking Third Sunday of Lent
My eyes are ever fixed on the Lord, for He releases my feet from the snare. O look at me and be merciful, for I am wretched and alone. PS 25:15-16

(If you click on the picture you will see that it says Psalms 24 but I'm pretty sure its 25.)

No comments: