All images are copyright © 2008-2013 Russ Martin,
(unless otherwise indicated). All rights reserved.


Sunday, March 29, 2009

Sr. Ann Shields

Sr. Ann Shields noted Catholic author and radio show host for Food for the Journey was at Holy Angels Church this Friday. She was the guest speaker after the Mass for a fund raiser for Radio Maria 88.7 FM (WHJM Anna, Ohio) or www.radiomaria.us on the web.

Sr. Ann Shields speaking at Holy Angels Church

I did not make the Mass but Kurt (Shadows of Augustine) has an excellent post on both the Mass and Ann Shields. Click Here Shadows of Augustine to read his post.

Sr. Ann Shileds Speaking Holy Angels Church

I've become an fan of her morning airing of Food for the Journey on Radio Maria and have made it a staple in my morning commute. Ann is inspiring to listen to on the radio and I found so in person as well. Afterwards she was swamped with fans eager to say hello and to get a signed copy of her new book.

Of course I took a few shots of the church. Pictured here are St. Therese and one of the Stations of the Cross.

Picture of St. Theresa and Close up of one of the Stations of the Cross

I found this to be an interesting declaration for Pro Life.

Pieta Statue with Pro Life bumper stickers

Pictures taken at Holy Angels Church (Sidney, Ohio)

2 comments:

Kurt H said...

From the angle of your photos, it looks like we were on opposite sides of the church - you on the east side, my wife and I on the west side. My 10-month-old was making her presence known!

RussDaMan said...

10 month olds will do that. I was well off to the east side as you say. I didn't want to be too distracting taking pictures. I recently had helped with photographing a wedding at this church so I knew the lighting would not be good. I know it looks okay to the naked eye but getting good pictures in there is tuff.

As for memory man, you did great. I read your post and couldn't believe all the detail. You definitely have a gift.

Thanks for the comment.