All images are copyright © 2008-2013 Russ Martin,
(unless otherwise indicated). All rights reserved.


Wednesday, March 18, 2009

The Life of Christ (In Stained Glass)

Collage of stained glass windows showing the life of Christ. Nativity, Gethsemane, Crucifixion, Resurection, Good Shepherd

These were taken at the Holy Family Church in Frenchtown, located in Darke County. I saw these and was awed to find this wonderful portrayal of our Lord Jesus in stained glass in such an out-of-the-way church.

Stained glass window portraits of Jesus crowned with thorns and the Virgin Mary Praying

I think these have to be the richest and most vibrant colored stained glass I have seen so far.

I ran out of time and light so I am hoping to come back soon to get some more pictures of the church.

2 comments:

the Egyptian said...

Well Russ you have now found the church of my mothers youth, quaint little parish isn't it, my grandparents are buried there

RussDaMan said...

Quaint is a good word to describe this church. I would very much like to come back when there is more light and time.