All images are copyright © 2008-2013 Russ Martin,
(unless otherwise indicated). All rights reserved.


Sunday, April 12, 2009

Immaculate Conception Church Easter Altar (Botkins Ohio)

Picture of the front of the church taken from the back of the churchWhile on my way back home from taking pictures of the Radio Maria broadcasting tower in Botkins I came across the Immaculate Conception Church in Botkins. The church was built in the 60's and is very modern. The church was decorated for the Saturday evening Easter Vigil and Sunday Easter Morning Service.

While this church is not on the National Historical Registry and not listed as one of the churches in The Land of the Cross Tipped Churches, I find it a very fitting church to include here.

High Alter decorated for Easter with modern crucifix hanging above.I found it to be a beautiful place of worship. All though I must admit I find myself becoming increasingly partial to the old style architecture and art of the Roman/Gothic Churches that first drew me to this project.

Modern Crucifix with white sash and Easter flowers

Look for more post on this beautiful modern church through out the upcoming week.

4 comments:

Kimberly said...

The last photo looks magazine worthy!

the Egyptian said...

Actually Russ if they had used something different than "the space creature" for the background behind the crucifix it would have been better, however I like the rustic look and exposed beams, some better stained glass maybe, but over all I like it

RussDaMan said...

Thanks Kimberly,

I am having issues adjusting to the new format and find myself making numerous changes after I've posted. The editor that I use is the one that Blogger provides and it is not formated the same as the template I am currently using. So the picture you saw may not be the exact one that's there now.

RussDaMan said...

Thanks David (Egyptian),

I wondered about the background as well. The stained glass will be featured in an upcoming post. It too of course is modern and lacks the detail of the old style stained glass you find in the older churches. I did think the look suited the church.