All images are copyright © 2008-2013 Russ Martin,
(unless otherwise indicated). All rights reserved.


Friday, April 17, 2009

Where Will Your Path Lead

Wooden Bench surrounded by a spiraling path.After work today, I thought I'd take some outdoor shots, since it was such a beautiful spring day. One of the places I visited was the Spiritual Center in Maria Stein.

Proverbs 3:5-10 gives us three ways to live a godly life. Trust in the Lord (vv. 5-6), Fear the Lord (vv. 7-8) and Honor the Lord (vv. 9-10). Trust in the Lord verses 5-6 is what came to my mind along with a few others when I took this picture.

Proverbs 3:5-6 Trust in the LORD with all your heart and lean not on your own understanding; in all your ways acknowledge him, and he will make your paths straight

If we are to follow the straight path God would have us travel we must learn to rely on Him and not our own resources. To be honest I am afraid my own path looks more like the one pictured here. What path are you on?

4 comments:

Kurt H said...

The use of the Labyrinth, such as the one at the Spiritual Center, for Christian prayer is viewed with suspicion by some Catholics, mainly for its association with Eastern religions and the New Age movement and its promotion by dissenting groups within the Catholic Church. An internet search should give adequate links to both sides of the debate. Because of the doubts surrounding their legitimacy, I've avoided them. There are plenty of tried and true tools available; I've seen no need to dabble in anything with dubious spiritual value.

RussDaMan said...

Thanks for the insight Kurt. I had no idea how the path was used. I just know what came to my mind when I saw it and took the picture. Because of your knowledge you viewed it one way because of my lack of I viewed it another. Thanks for adding to my knowledge of rhyme and reason. I was hoping someone with more insight on what this really was would leave a comment. Thanks.

Kimberly said...

Lovely composition. Do I sense some HDR in the coloring or is that the SOOC (straight out of camera) shot?

RussDaMan said...

Thanks Kimberly,

To answer your question, its neither. It's not HDR or SOOC. I had to do a little post processing to get the colors I wanted.