All images are copyright © 2008-2013 Russ Martin,
(unless otherwise indicated). All rights reserved.


Wednesday, April 29, 2009

St. Augustine Cemetery (Shadows)

Old cemetery tombstone with shadow of cross.One of the photo challenges in one of the photo clubs I belong to was using shadow as a subject. This was a while back but I find myself looking for shadow photo opportunities every time I go out to take pictures. I found this while visiting the St. Augustine Cemetery in Minster Ohio. All these old cemetery's have a fair amount of cross tipped monuments so this is hardly a rare find, but it caught my eye non-the-less. I would of liked to have gotten a little blur on the background but I like the shadow of the trees on the ground to go with the shadow of the cross on the monument. This was taken about 7:00 PM. I would of liked to have stayed longer and seen what light/shadows developed as the sun set but that will have to wait for another time.

3 comments:

said...

Very creative use of shadow. I like it.

RussDaMan said...

Thanks Kimberly,

I thought it was a pretty cool find.

Anonymous said...

Check out the image of Virgin Mary in the tree overlooking the cemetery in Minster

http://smalltowneyes.com/forums/view/45865/147/virgin_mary_in_st_augustine_cemetery_minster_ohio