All images are copyright © 2008-2013 Russ Martin,
(unless otherwise indicated). All rights reserved.


Monday, April 13, 2009

Immaculate Conception Church Stained Glass Windows (Botkins Ohio)

Reflection of stained glass windowds on tiled floor and side of pews.I thought I was very fortunate to capture this reflection of the light coming through the stained glass windows onto the floor and pews. I just love it when am able to get an artistic shot.

The stained glass windows in this church are the first modern ones that I have seen. I myself like the detail you find in the multiple glazing's of the more traditional windows. However, they do fit the art and decor of the church. They are very simplistic and mosaic in design.

All the Windows were of saints as shown in the below three collages or Christian symbols as you can see on the back wall on both sides of the full portrait of Mary in the last picture.

You can left click on any picture to get a much larger view.



Pictured below are Saint Bernadette and Our Lady of Guadalupe.

Modern stained glass widnow collage with Saint Bernadette on the left and Our Lady of Guadalupe on the right.

Next we have La Salette the 1846 Mary apparition in France. This may be the two children to whom she gave her message and Our Lady of Fatima.

Modern stained glass window collage with La Salette bottom left and Our Lady of Fatima on the right.

Pictured below are Saint Simon Stock on the left and Saint Dominic on the right.

Modern stained glass window collage with Saint Simon Stock on the left and Saint Dominic on the right.

Full length portrait of Mary with various Christian symbols in modern stained glass.

Related Links:
Saint Dominic
Saint Simon Stock
Our Lady of Fatima
Our Lady of Guadalupe
Saint Bernadette
Our Lady of La Salette

6 comments:

Anonymous said...

I love the picture of the sunlight coming through the stained glass windows, too--awesome colors!

RussDaMan said...

Thanks wife, mother ....

It was my favorite out of the bunch.

PhotoKate said...

Awesome picture of the light through the windows!

RussDaMan said...

I felt like I didn't do the stained glass windows justice in my original post. So I reposted them today.

RussDaMan said...

Thanks Kate,

I thought it was pretty cool.

Church stained glass windows fan said...

I LOVE that you were able to catch that reflection of the stained glass windows on the floor. That is a beautiful photograph! When I went to Italy one of my favorite things was to look at the windows and paintings of all the churches. It is definitely a unique art.